7.15.2013

Wheat-Free Experiment

Day 101, Fast Day #43

After two full days of being off of Cipro, I lost 3 lbs and am at at 23 pounds lost (10.4 kg) in  the last 14.5 weeks. Woo hoo! All of that bachelorette party and birthday party weight is gone finally and I am losing weight again. 

In the last three days, I have also avoided consuming wheat products. Wheat is proving much easier for me to kick than Zach. I caught him eating some snack mix with pretzels and dried bread chips in it that was next to the trash can so it would be thrown out. So far no progress on the elbow rash. So my paranoia about my body getting rashes from wheat might just be plain paranoia. Either way, Wheat Belly has me all freaked out about wheat at the moment for many other health reasons.

In my wheat-free adventure, I made little pizzas with wheat-free crusts to break the fast today:
I went a little crust crazy! WARNING: This is not low-calorie fast day food.
So this is an example of what I might eat on a feast day. The crust is just 1 cup arrowroot starch, 1 cup almond meal, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 beaten eggs, 1 tsp olive oil, and a bit of kosher salt. I mushed it all up and then flattened the dough out on a thin layer of arrowroot starch so it wouldn't stick. This yield 2-3 servings and is ~1,261 kcal for the whole batch. It's some dense crunchy crust. It is not like normal wheat pizza crust, but it is better than not eating pizza at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment